Originally posted @allaboutestates.ca
The Huffington Post published a blog titled ‘Top 5 Regrets Of The Dying’ which was forwarded to me by my son. Bronnie Ware, the author, provides an important message about living without regret. Ms. Ware worked in palliative care and asked her patients if they had any regrets or would have done something differently. The common themes include:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. The most common regret of all.
- I wish I didn’t work so hard. Shared by every male patient she nursed.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Do any of these regrets resonate? I don’t think one has to be on their deathbed to appreciate these pearls of wisdom. Thank you Daniel for sharing this with me.Leave a reply