Glad To Be A Day Older…
Originally posted @allaboutestates.ca
As we wind down 2018 and look forward to 2019, I always ask myself ‘where did the time go?’
I don’t really know because I am sure like many of you, I don’t feel much older than I did last year or the year before. I think we notice that someone else looks older (or has ‘aged’) when we look at them- but certainly not when we look at ourselves in the mirror. Look and feel are two different things.
A friend shared the following sentiments with me and I thought I would repost them. I am unable to ascertain who the original author is; Ms. Google dates it from 2015 from a variety of sources, so credit goes to someone, other than myself for the following 12 points below:
1. I talk to myself, because sometimes I need expert advice.
2. Sometimes I roll my eyes out loud.
3. I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off.
4. My people skills are just fine, it’s my tolerance of idiots that need work.
5. The biggest lie I tell myself is “I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it.”
6. When I was a child I thought nap time was punishment. Now it’s like a mini vacation.
7. The day the world runs out of wine is just too terrible to think about.
8. Even duct tape can’t fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.
9. Wouldn’t it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes; come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller.
10. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would’ve put them on my knees.
11. When the kids text me, “PLZ” which is shorter than please, I text back, “NO” which is shorter than “YES”.
12. At my age “getting lucky” means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.
Now, my own sentiments about getting older are slightly different. I am trying to be more thankful and appreciative of having another year. More specifically I am grateful for having another day- because truly, nothing is promised to us. Getting older is a gift and while there may be a few more grey hairs, extra pounds and extra wrinkles, the experience gained has provided me with some well earned wisdom along the way. Thank you and happy New Year.Leave a reply