The following are signs to look for:
- Is your loved one refusing assistance or making decisions that could jeopardize their safety or well being?
- Is your relative losing weight, for no known reason?
- Have they recently fallen?
- Is the home unkempt and becoming unsafe?
- Is meal preparation becoming difficult?
- Is money management becoming a concern?
- Are they able to (and do they) maintain a neat appearance?
- Has drinking become a problem?
- Is it safe for your parents to drive? If not, who does the driving for them?
- Has there been a sudden memory loss or increased confusion?
- Are they having difficulty with managing their medications?
- Are they looking for housing alternatives?
- Have they become increasingly frail?
- Are they having problems finding or keeping appropriate home care workers?
If you answer yes to the above, it is time to talk to an Elder Care Consultant.Leave a reply