If my daughter paid for my medical expenses, can she deduct these for her tax return?

by Audrey Miller on June 8, 2009

in Caregiving, Dementia, Elder Care, Estate Planning, FAQ, Geriatric Care Management, Home Care


The Caregiver Tax Credit is available to your daughter if she (alone or jointly) provided home care for you, provided you are 65 or older. If your daughter doesn’t live with you, she may be able to deduct the expenses as Medical Expenses Tax Credit. For more information, please contact your financial advisor.

Previous post:

Next post: