Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program for Persons with Disabilities (RRAP-Disabilities)

The Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP) for Persons with Disabilities offers financial assistance to homeowners and landlords to undertake accessibility work to modify dwellings occupied or intended for occupancy by low-income persons with disabilities.

Who is eligible?

Homeowners may apply if:

  • the value of their house is below a specified figure, and
  • their household income is at or below established ceilings (limits) based on household size and area.

What assistance is available?

Assistance is in the form of a forgivable loan.

For homeowners, assistance is provided for one hundred per cent (100%) of the total cost of the modifications up to the maximum loan amount for the area. Homeowners must agree to continue to own and occupy the home for the term of the loan.

IMPORTANT: Work carried out before the loan is approved in writing is not eligible for funding under this program. Other CMHC programs are available to assist eligible Canadians with repairs to substandard housing, accessibility modifications and adaptations for seniors.

Where can I get more information?

Contact your local CMHC Office. In some provinces Elder Caring Inc. can assist in referring to companies that assist with the application and can provides quotes on the required work.

Leave a reply